We simply treat our customers’ information in a fair, ethical, and responsible manner.
- We exercise reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- We implement reasonable policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is used or retained only for the purpose for which it was gathered.
We receive various types of digital information from website visitors:
- Browser data – we analyze users’ browser settings and IP address data to optimize delivery of web content through our sites. All data will be anonymous, and will be used solely for analytical purposes.
- Cookie data – We employ cookies on a very limited basis to facilitate certain interactions with our customers. For instance, logging into our Cpanel control panel will set a session cookie to maintain your logged-in state.
- Form data – In the process of creating and managing their accounts, our customers provide personal information and security passwords.
- User data – In the course of using their accounts, Laughing Squid customers routinely send, receive, and store various files using our servers, e.g. their personal email. While we do not solicit this information, and we are not responsible for its content, we take reasonable precautions to ensure that it is safeguarded while in our possession.
We safeguard customers’ account information and have implemented substantial security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or unauthorized alteration of information under our control. We take our responsibility very seriously in this area, and perform regular security reviews and updates on all relevant systems.
To safeguard the electronic transmission of sensitive data, including credit card information, our control panel uses industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) with 128 bit encryption and signed SSL Certificates.
We do not provide refunds. You can easily cancel your hosting subscription at any time. There are no cancellation fees, though no refunds are provided for pro-rated periods.